Monday, May 30, 2011

Memoria Day


My husband is a police officer. I can get so frustrated at times because no one understands our life. It's so much better now that he is in investigations so he works Monday - Friday and it's pretty easy for him to get holidays off. However, in the beginning, trying to make people understand that No, he does not have weekends off. Yes, he does have to work Christmas. It would just drive me crazy!

I had a lady contact me about making shirts for her two children. Her husband was had been overseas for a year and was coming home. It just really made me stop and think how blessed I am. Yes, my husband is at work today on memorial day; but you know what? He's coming home tonight. He's home every night and every weekend. This husband/father was gone for a year. Every day, every night, every evening. No bedtime prayers. No helping with baths. No "I'm done with the kids, it's your turn." She did it alone. He did it alone.

I just felt so blessed to make these shirts. I wanted them to be perfect! Now I know that it took awhile for them to even be noticed. I'm sure he was just looking at his children's beautiful faces. But later, once he noticed, I wanted a smile.

So, thank you to all who have served and are serving. We are so very blessed to have you serve us and our country. You are true heroes. You and the family you leave behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment