Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ice Cream!



I love ice cream! I don't eat it too much because 1.) I like to eat a lot of it and then I'm not hungry for dinner and 2.) eating ice cream for dinner is not the best idea for some one in their mid thirties :) We used to go to Jerry's growing up every once in awhile. I never understood why we couldn't go more. Now that I'm the parent, I understand. We went to Dairy Queen on Mother's Day and it was $20 for ice cream! Anyway, Jerry's had the best sloppy joes and when you ordered a soda, they put a pretzel on the straw. My mom always got the topsy turvy. Do you know what that is? It's a banana split in a cup. I almost always got the strawberry ice cream soda. Took my daughter to the zoo last week and stopped for ice cream afterwards. I ordered one and remembered why I used to get it all the time! So yummy!

What's your favorite ice cream memory from when you were a kid?

I bought this pattern over a year ago and it's just been sitting here, waiting for me to do something with it. I tend to buy patterns I like when they're on sale and then forget about them :) So, then I had such a hard time trying to decide what colors to make it out of. I mean, the possibilities are endless! I ended up going with a neapolitan theme. I mean what screams summer better than ice cream? I did a google search and found this fun fact about Neapolitan Ice Cream from foodreference.com:

'Neapolitan Ice Cream,' refers to a block of ice cream composed of layers of different flavors, usually chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. (The term Neapolitan is also used to refer to any molded dessert that is made with 3 layers.).
The ice cream makers of Naples, Italy were famous in the early 19th century, especially Tortoni, who created many layered ice cream cakes.

Natives of Naples, Italy are known as Neapolitans.
The term Neapolitan Ice Cream originated in the U.S. in the late 19th century, and is presumably a reference to the 3 layered ice cream cakes of Tortoni, a Neapolitan.


How fun! So I hope you enjoy your ice cream and this fun top!



http://www.etsy.com/listing/74414071/girls-ruffled-shirt-in-neapolitan-colors

No comments:

Post a Comment